Spinnaker 1.16 release was released on 9th Sep 2019. This release bring in a lot of highlights. Here we share the summary of important improvements.
Dynamic Accounts for Echo and Igor
- Spring Cloud Config has been integrated into Echo and Igor to add support for sourcing account configuration from external sources such as Git and Hashicorp’s Vault.
- This builds on the external account configuration capability previously added to Clouddriver for cloud provider and artifact accounts (see https://www.spinnaker.io/community/releases/versions/1-15-0-changelog#dynamic-accounts-for-kubernetes-and-cloud-foundry-providers).
- Check the formatting documentation that is available at https://www.spinnaker.io/setup/configuration/.
Account specific CRDs for V2 provider
- From the prior version, a bug was observed where the CRDs would be registered with all kubernetes accounts. In this release, Custom Resource Definitions (CRDs) that are configured for a specific Kubernetes V2 account using the customResources field will now only be available for that account.
Kustomize support in Bake (Beta)
- The most awaited/requested Kustomize has been added as a rendering engine for the Bake (Manifest) stage.
- Now, users can supply a Kustomization File artifact which allows them to fetch and download all the dependencies needed to render the final manifest.
For detail and a complete list of the updates, check out the 1.16 changelog